Hi Muggroar buds- Hope your Halloween was fun. I missed on the day and the candy...LOL. Worked on 3 tracks this week. One with 2 dance mixes and a chillout track. 'Hallows Day' will be out soon (title and final mix pending). I co-use Ableton Live in my projects and I could kick myself for not using it any sooner. If you haven't tried Ableton Live towards you music production, you should check their site. In case you don't know, I'll break it down for you- Ableton Live is a professional loop-based software music sequencer for Mac OS and Windows by Ableton. The latest major release of Live, Version 8, was released in April 2009. Unlike other software sequencers, Live is designed around the notion of being as much an instrument for live performances as a tool for composing and arranging. It is also often used for precision mixing of tracks by DJs. -B
Recently there was a settings conflict with my 2 pages on Myspace- which forces me to close and reset both. A relaunching is in the works as I write this. Thanks for understanding. -B
A few years ago, a company named Atomix introduced a desktop/laptop DJ mix system that specialized time stretch and changed DJ Mixing in clubs. They weren't a high end app, but very popular otherwise. A pop mid level company named Ejay (which have a troublesome past with their recording system incompatibility) got the rights to it and released it as the app Virtual DJ. Although presently, it is beleived that they no longer own rights. Around the same time (Newmark) Cue was popular and had a very similar template, which they licenced. Along with the power apps like Scratch they expanded to digital vinyl. I found the current Virtual DJ to be really a great improvement. After finishing a recording, I can do an alternative edit of the track. What mixing software do you use (if any) and why? I know PCDJ has been on the market a long time... and let's not forget the power market app Traktor. -B links- www.virtualdj.com ...
as you can see now..myspace did a reconstuction, omitting this design..
ReplyDelete